Monday, July 28, 2008

Why the M18 Hellcat as my First

Sadly the answer is far too simple....it was the first picture in the directory where I keep my Tank pics.

Thanks to Machinehead, I have roughly 8 thousand photos of Armored vehicles. I am working on sorting them and labeling them appropriately, but it is a tough slog to get through. There are many that I have not yet identified but I have most of them at least separated by nationality in folders.

I think I will be doing both AFV's and aircraft as I have interests in both, though I have far more Armor pics than Aircraft.

Darn! I really need to figure out how to fix my photos, my Corsair is clipped. :(

3 comments:

machinehead1956 said...

Magik, I'm up to folder #13 on AFVs. What was the last one I sent you? I also have almost 3,000 WW2 aircraft pictures, most of them very high quality. Let me know if you would like them and the last AFV folder I sent and I will burn them and send them to you.

Home on the Range said...

You can open a free photobucket account. Save the picture to photobucket, and then reduce the size (I click of the mouse) Save again and it's there, in a small size that won't be cut off when you post it on the sidebar.

MagiK said...

Thanks Brigid, I will look into that, I've been playing with Irfanview and Picasa but am not real happy with the results.

MH, yes Id like the Aircraft photo's. As for the Armor, Im finding that about 1/2 to 2/3 are duplicates. I am using JV Power Tools to do pattern matching on the pics to find dupes. So no matter what the file name is, I can find the duplicates. It does take a bit to go through, then I have to open each photo and ID what it is and rename the file appropriately.