Sunday, July 6, 2008

Well My week is about done.

All in all not a bad week. Made a new friend, started a blog, cleaned out my office, cataloged about 60% of my books and put out 150 pounds of recycle material in the form of old magazines and unnecessary hard copies of papers I have written for the last couple of school years. Oh yeah and I put in 52 hours at my paying job.

I like this blog thing, since I started it, I have managed to clean up the office and really get a move on organizing the thousands upon thousands of digital images I have collected. In just two hours I should have 2 or 3 days all to my self. Perhaps I will get this place really squared away. Or more likely I am going to veg out and relax a bit, and work on getting the knack of using my newest toy a Cannon Rebel Xsi DSLR. With which I hope to supply this blog with some interesting scenery.

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Your blog has really come a long way. It's becoming a good one and yes, it is a bit addicting. M will probably want one now too (or you can add her as an author to yours which I've done to have a friend monitor updates or scheduled posts while I'm on the road)

If you want to put up a sitemeter to track who your visitors are, that's EASY. Google adding "sitemeter for blogger" or if you want their site cut and paste this and check it out. It's not exact, sometimes the address I know is the one that left the comment is one or two spaces off from the location, but it still keeps track of who stopped in by city, time and internet providor, but will NOT link to them directly.


Here's an info page -

http://support.sitemeter.com/index.php_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle
&kbarticleid=70&nav=0,9

Another item of interest a friend told me about. You can, when posting, hit the little words "post options" at the bottom where you click to post and you can schedule a post to go up at a certain date and time even if you're not around, It will show up in your post edits as "scheduled" and you can still edit or play with it, but it will post when you selected in it's last rendering.

MagiK said...

Hoooyah!!! Thanks for the hints. Seriously those are the kind of things I was hoping to hear :)

As for Mysti wanting in on my blog, She has checked it out but isn't much interested, her time is spent doing an online geneology project for our combined families. She even commissioned a coat of arms for us, I will have to get a photo of that and post it somewhere. I will definitely start posting some serious content once I get the look and feel and design completed.

machinehead1956 said...

Say hey Ray! I've got thousands more armor pictures to send you - that is if you are still interested. I'm up to folder #13, do you remember what was the last one that I sent? I think I still have your address somrwhere so let me know if you still want them and I will burn them and send them to you.
Ed