Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday Night Blah and a Review of the Xfiles Movie.

Well I have today off, as a comp day for working through the Independence day celebration.
M and I went to see X-files: I want to believe, and while it never actually got boring, it was one of the more mundane scripts than I would have expected.

Mulder was played well and true to form, however I felt that Sculley had been turned into a waffler and a whiner. The appearance of Skinner in the flick was too late in the show to really have an impact. There were also plot holes that just didn't make any sense. Cell Phones left behind and no side arms issued to Sculley or Mulder while obviously investigating serious bad guys.

For all it's flaws, it was fun to watch it with M. For a * rating, I would give it ***** out of 10
just left me kind of blah. The whole plot was too mundane, they should have used a better X-file.

Someday I hope to review the Batman movie, but M isn't too interested.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I believe Gillian Anderson was pregnant as it was filmed and it seemed her heart just wasn't into it.

I still like the series better.

MagiK said...

M agrees heartily as do I.

Pregnancy would go a long way to explain the performance. Currently we are deciding on if we want to get the series on DVD. Now that Blu-Ray is getting popular, the DVD's are coming down in price. Series DVD watching is one of our Nightly ritual things. No commercials, no breaks, just the episode before bed.