Monday, September 29, 2008

WoooHoooo Another Gun show

Jeff, one of the instructors at our range class yesterday also operates a Gun Store in Baltimore (Parkville) and while I was up there today getting cleaning supplies he told me the Gun Show I attended is not the one I thought it was despite the naming similarities. The show that got kicked out of my current county has a new name and is happening this coming weekend in Timonium. This show is set to have well over 500 tables as opposed to the 20 something at the other one.

Sooooooo My shopping list is:
Environment Resistant Ammo Cans
Snap Caps for .22, 9mm, and .38, .308 and possibly .223
Ammo for the 9mm and .22 and an initial stock of .223

Jeff, has me interested in two possible rifles which I am going to wait till after the new year to decide on. A Bushmaster M4 and a Sig M4. Both are outfitted with the rail systems and stocks I want but the Sig is a special deal he runs and comes with a Hogue (sp) optical site for $1390

I want to time my purchase so that I can take the class these same guys teach on rifles (we get a discount on the class as we have taken the other class with them) I need to learn about the AR15 style weapons. All my Military training and work was done with M14's.

No comments: