Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh Mama! it's Beowulf.


No not the cheesy movie with Angelina Jolie. No this is a .50 Cal rifle based on the M4/AR15 style rifle. The great thing about this is that a standard M4 5.56 can be converted to Beowulf by replacing the Upper Receiver of the M4, It takes less than 5 minutes.


The Beowulf is made by Alexander Arms. The .50 round is intended for short range maximum stopping power. Short range being 200 yards or less, at which point the massive flat nosed round drops below supersonic speeds. (Alexander Arms also makes the versatile 6.5 Grendel rifle also built on the AR/M4 frame). I am still getting info on this particular weapon, but it sure makes me want to get an M4 so that I can convert as needed. I will also be looking for more images.

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I was doing a little shopping for a new Wilson compact, then I see THIS.

Thanks. . my gun budget just imploded.

MagiK said...

You are welcome Ma'am. We aim to please :)

I am really looking forward to the gun show here in Maryland on the 13th. I hope to be a proud owner of an M4 on that day :) then I can budget for Beowulf hehehehe

MagiK said...

And then there is the Ammo budget, and the EOS site savings fund...