Monday, September 1, 2008

Colt Huntsman



This is my favorite gun. At least of the ones I own. My dad has a very similar looking Colt Woodsman which I grew up shooting. So when I had the chance to buy the Huntsman a few decades ago, I jumped on it and have loved shooting it ever since. I am most accurate shooting this and my Smith 686, I can hit what Im looking at, unlike my Sig P226 and Ruger Mk I. I really need to see what I am doing wrong with the Sig. I should not be so badly off my aim.


.22 caliber smooth as silk action, I just love this gun. It has a serial number of 091048S which I believe indicates that it was manufactured between January and April of 1976. I really should learn to care better for the blued steel, aside from keeping it lubed and cleaning the best I can. I still have to find a good set of instructions on how to field strip this gun to clean the slide and inner mechanisms. What little I have found is confusing and not very well detailed or diagrammed.

No comments: