Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tribute to Rush Limbaugh


Well a small tribute, perhaps a tributary or a tributette.

Love him or hate him, if you cannot admit to his skills, then I think you are not being intellectually honest with yourself. The man has been on the air for 20 years speaking to the values of a great many Americans. He exemplifies many of the qualities that I aspire to. Among the values he represents are hope and optimism in this republic that was formed by the founding fathers. I applaud his championing of self reliance, hard work and capitalism.

I find that many of the people I run into around here (The DC Beltway) that hate or dislike Rush and what he stands for, have never seriously listened to him for any length of time, at best they might have caught 5 minutes of one show. I know these people and I know their values and I suspect if they could get past their bias and actually listened to him for a few shows to get the gist of his sense of humor and see what he is really about, I think that they would find that they have much in common with him and with me.

I am not a "Rush Dittohead" I tend to form my own opinions, and in many aspects they do mesh with his views, but not always. I am very much a life style liberal/libertarian but a fiscal and governmental conservative.

So here is to Rush Limbaugh, 20 years of Commercial Capitalistic success!

No comments: