Tuesday, August 12, 2008

.308 or .223 for a fun and functional Semi-auto.

I find myself in a quandary, I have always prefered the .308 to the .223 and I am contemplating getting a semi-auto AR style in the .308 caliber. I suppose that the .223 is cheaper to shoot, but it just doesn't match the .308 in other respects. Range and power is where it's at, but how to really decide. I am going to have to seek out people with more knowledge.

On a Silly ass unconstitional GFW note. I just looked into Marylands actual rules and laws. No open carry allowed, no CCW for anyone that is not LEO, Phamaceutical or Cash carrier. Transporting your weapons out and about involves the weapon being in a seperate locked compartment of the vehicle than the ammo. Effectively the only place you are permitted to have a loaded handgun is in your home or at the range, nowhere in between.

Did I mention, I really need to move?

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

Yes you do, I found myself moving away from a good position in a "blue" state to where I could be free to own and carry, even when not in LEO status. So I took a pay cut, I'm happier.

It's an area where people put "In God we Trust" on the license plate and when the ACLU complains they tell them in great legalize to "piss off, you can get another plate if you don't like it".

I like the lower Midwest. A lot.