Sunday, August 24, 2008

Range Time

Wow, I really sucked today. Went through about a hundred rounds each of .22 and 9mm ammo this morning. You know, I used to be pretty good, I qualified expert pistol in the Navy 5 years straight. I grew up shooting and have gone through lord knows how much ammo. So when I got to the range today I expected much better. I suppose I did ok with my trusty Colt Huntsman .22, it wasn't great or even good, but compared to how I did with my Sig P226 it was acceptable. I can't figure out what my problem is with the sig, but at 25' I am doing well to get a 6" grouping and I cannot seem to get my sighting down. I suppose lack of practice can account for most of the crappy shooting but jeeez. So I've decided that along with more range time (I quit shooting for a long time too wrapped up in my work and school) and some professional instruction. I want to be more than merely acceptable, I want to be "pretty good" :)

Anyway I sucked so bad, I didn't bother taking any pics of my targets...and I forgot the camera anyway.

No comments: