Friday, May 1, 2009

Weekend of fun



Running up to PA to pick up the Remmington .22 Semi-auto rifle that I grew up plinking with.
My dad picked up a new Ruger 10/22 so is willing to let me take the old Remmington Nylon Stock rifle that was with me on every river float and weekend outing into the woods from the age of 14 or so. This gun has been dumped in rivers, sunk in mud bars and banged into trees so often that Im amazed it still shoots, yet shoot it does and quite well.

I think it is a Model 66 but have not actually seen it in decades so will have to wait till I pick it up to see for sure. It loads from the butt of the stock which I have not seen in any other rifle. I am so anxious to get it back in my hands. Dad picked it up in the "Barber Shop / Gun Shop" in our tiny little home town of Reynoldsville in the early 70's for under $100 new. Boy if I knew what the price of Guns and Ammo was going to do then....

2 comments:

Bruce B. said...

I remember the Nylon 66 ads in Boys Life from when I was a kid. Wanted one in the worst way but Dad didn't see the need for a second .22 in the family.

The Browning .22 Auto rifle also feeds from a tubular magazine in the stock.

MagiK said...

Got it and spent most of yesterday cleaning it.

Fortunately I was able to find some good documents on how to disassemble and reassemble it. It is pretty beat up but it still shoots fine.