Thursday, April 23, 2009

The deed is done

After 8 years of just living together, we finally did it. My other half and I finally got the Government's blessing on our union. I've been living with her for 8 years, and we were fine without the Governments interference but the down side finally outweighed the benefit. Since we are not a Gay Couple my New Employer would not allow me to have her on my Medical and Dental unless we were married....If we were Gay, it would have been no problem I am assured. Makes one wonder who it is that needs to confiscate marriage for their own use....but I digress.

Anyway Im happy and she is happy about being married so its all good. We had a very small ceremony during which we both kept breaking up and laughing even during the vows. So join me in thanking the woman who is making me somewhat more honest :) Thanks C. I love you.

12 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Congrats on your new, more "official" status - sounds like it was a good move for a variety of reasons.

May you always be as blessed and happy as you were during the ceremony!

Bruce B. said...

Congrats on tying the knot.

Came here from Brigid's blog when she announced your wedding. I'll be back to see more.

Ed said...

Best of everything and even more happiness for the not so new team.

Anonymous said...

congrats - came over from Brigid's blog - great cake.

MagiK said...

Thanks everyone :)

Things feel like we are in honeymoon mode
which I really didnt expect. After all after 8 years who knew a piece of paper would make such a difference. :)

Of course It is what it symbolizes I suppose that is making the difference.

Tam said...

Congratulations!

(WV: "flighthf" I think Google's Captcha program is becoming sentient...)

Rangerider said...

Congratulations, and happy shooting! I'm Rangerider from Home On The Range Blog.

Old NFO said...

Congrats! Here's to MANY more happy years!

Came over from Brigid's too!

machinehead1956 said...

Said it elsewhere but I'll say it again here, CONGRATULATIONS to M&M/R&C!!!!

MagiK said...

NFO, Ive been with Brigid since almost the beginning :) Her writing is awesom and is what prompted me to start this blog of mine...which some day I actually hope to turn into something useful. For now its just a place to vent :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Came from Brigid's
blog. As one who also "tied the knot" after 8 years, I agree with
the poet who said "Married is better." Hard to pin down why, but
hope you also discover it.
Anon, Don
PS: word verification was hesimp.
I don't think so, I think he smart.

MagiK said...

Thanks Anon :)