Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Everyman a Rifleman


The mood struck me so Im writing about our civic duties. The founders of the United States all believed in a citizens duty to bear and use arms. Not just to hunt food, or target practice, but to ensure equality among all men, to protect and defend your own.

Somehow over the decades the idea that one should protect oneself has become contorted into a "You must retreat and give up your home and goods" not stand and protect your family and property and possibly kill evil doers. Somehow it has become evil, to stand against "The poor unfortunates" that wants to forcibly take your property and / or lives.

Some liberals argue the Founders didn't know that Weaponry would become automatic or semi-automatic and more lethal than that possessed in the 1770's. These people are ignoring the words that were spoken and written by the founders, they clearly wanted Men (and women) to be armed sufficiently to not only fend off the wild hoards of groundhogs and pheasents in this Nation, but even GOVERNMENT troops if the need should rise.

Arming oneself is a duty and an obligation. Anyone worthy of being called a Man or Woman should own and know how to use a firearm. Abdicating your safety and protection to a slow to react police force is unwise at Best. The police are there not to protect YOU in a dangerous situation, but to clean up the mess and protect those others who survive the immediate danger..to contain the threat from society at large.

It is our duty to own and know how to use the best arms available to us. It always has been, despite what the Hoplophobes, Hollywood sissies and Washington Weenies want us to think.
So lets all do our duty and go out there and buy more guns, lets go to the range and hone our skills. It is the least we should do to be real men and women and not little children for the nanny State to take care of.




9 comments:

LUCKY said...

There is something that the Marine Corps teaches that makes Marines diffrent from soldiers or troops or anyone else. One of those somethings the Marine Corps teaches is that every Marine is a rifleman. This makes every Marine deadly.

I endorse statues and laws that seek to protect citizens and not the criminals. I stand behind the slogan that my house and family are protected by the good Lord and a gun. Well okay several guns.

I do not want my children or grandchildren to ask me one day why I allowed their rights to vanish while I was supposed to be on watch.

MagiK said...

Thanks for the input Lucky, I was just thinking I might have been on a lone crusade there...off on a rant you might say...and I was I guess, but now I don't have to remove the post ;)

I've taught my kids to shoot but they show little interest, Computer games and Xbox are their main interest.

LUCKY said...

As my wife often tells me that I'm a nerd becasue I play on the computer or my Xbox. However my wife recently told me that I am not allowed to buy another gun or more ammo until we have our car paid off. I meekly bowed my head and said "yes dear."

MagiK said...

I too am a geek, though I don't do console games, I have been known to play Computer Military Strategy games and RPG's :D (No that does not stand for Rocket propelled Grenades)

I am trying to get the Wife to Ok one more gun for our house, I want to round it out with a .308 (7.62) caliber battle rifle. Either an AR-10 type or an M1a.

LUCKY said...

I would like an AK-47 or some variant thereof. I have spent many an hour playing RPG's. The worst is I have started playing MMORPG, like world of warcraft (warcrack) that sucks away time like nothing else.

MagiK said...

I stay away from MMO's I dont have the time to lose. It always seems I have less and less time as I get older.

Hat Trick said...

Rant on! You speak the truth.

You have to catch them early when it's still cool to knock pop cans around with a BB gun. Like I've been doing with my 7 year old nephew.

machinehead1956 said...

LOL!
Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
the same cigarrettes as me.

MagiK said...

*sigh* So I don't have enough vices you say....I drank too much in the Navy and when I got out decided Id had enough, never liked smokes....well there is always sex....So I do have a vice or two :D