Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chantilly Gun Show

Was huge, the Expo center is one of the largest in this area, and the lot was packed, no one got parking by the time I got there at 9am until someone else left.

When I got into the Show at about 10 (yes an hour to get a parking space) I went directly to the Ammo booths..... by 10 AM (they opened for business at 9) they were out of .357, .38 and 9mm bulk ammo and only had the really expensive .22 ammo left ($52 a brick) I did manage to find one small dealer who had 500 rounds of .22 for $25 so got those for Mysti and I snagged 1500 rounds of 5.56 ammo for the AR....by 2pm the ammo dealers were out of all the bulk ammo. I saw more people buying what was left of the black guns...and there weren't many to be had. I did hear several dealers mention that they were on back order from 3 to 6 month waiting list. I did manage to snag 3x20 round mags and 2x30 round mags for the AR as well and some ammo cans for storage of my bulk ammo. Today I've got to run out to get some dessicant packets to put in the cans with the ammo.

Total cost for 1500 rounds of 5.56, 500 rounds of .22, 4 mags for the AR and 4 Ammo Cans just shy of $500 prices are insane. Sure hope O is too busy to mess with guns for a while.

No comments: