Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yesterday was Buy a gun day

Drove out to Essex for Mysti to pick up her Walther P22 (pictured previously) and on the way home we stopped at our friends Gun Store and I picked up a Bushmaster XM15 E2S, it is a base config but I intend to customize it later.


It's an M3 model (heavier barrel than the M4) which means It is not classifed in Maryland as an "Assault Weapon". Maryland Laws state it has to have at least a 16" barrel that is not cut to reduce the weight in any way,However I am permitted to purchase any upper for it that I see fit for it after the initial purchase. So now I can mod it all I want and put any optics I want, heck I can even get it made full auto with a silencer....just not allowed to put a flash supressor on it....This state is weird...just freakin weird. It took me 20 minutes to make this purchase (because we were shooting the breeze) and I walked out of the store with it....it took Mysti 13 days to be able to get her P22 pistol....simply because it was a pistol. Did I mention weird gun laws?