Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I have not abandoned the Blog :)

No, I started a new profession. Yes to be sure I will be leveraging my technical talents from my life long technology pursuits, but this is something new, and as such I feel the need to focus on learning how to do this new stuff well. Yes this means I spend a whole lot of un-reported OT reading non-recreational material but in the long run it should pay off.

Benefits:
Very little in the way of Night work
No weekend work (normally)
simple 8-5 hours monday - friday
No micromanagement
Low pressure so far
I get to explore new tech.

Down Side:
I am not the expert any more.
For the 1st time in 20 years I feel like a noob

ummm thats it....so I think Im looking good and so far insulated from the Market turmoils, as long as I don't look at the bottom line of my 403b. *sigh* Patience young skywalker the market will recover.....

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I think you will enjoy it and I know your family will like having you home at night. You'll do well.

MagiK said...

I sure hope so :)